Monday, February 15, 2010

Project Complete: Celtic Deer


This deer was my second project ever, and I'm very proud of it. The pattern has a nice balance and interesting lines. (Click to enlarge.)

The most enjoyable aspect of making the Celtic Deer was picking out the glass panes and choosing which areas of the glass to cut out for the individual pieces. I like the dappled effect of the forest background, and the colors and textures of the deer. I also like how I incorporated natural variations in the glass for effects like the dark areas of the deer's nose, ears and legs. The tail starts out with the white plume of a normal deer, but then transitions directly into the knot motif. Also, I cut around a natural whorl in the glass to create the iris of the deer eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment